The KJZZ Travel Club is a group of public radio listeners who are passionate about traveling and learning new things. It’s a special benefit available to KJZZ members who give $10 a month or more to the station (or $120 or more per year).
KJZZ Travel Club Benefits
- Hear about our upcoming trips before we announce them to the public
- Connect with fellow public radio listeners who share your passion for travel and learning new things, both on our trips and on our private Facebook group
- Receive the KJZZ Travel Club Quarterly, a once-a-season email with updates on recent and upcoming trips as well as a roundup of travel-related stories on public radio
- Subscribe to Arizona Highways Magazine at an exclusive 33% off discounted price
KJZZ Member Travelogues
- Paris 2018 #6: Last Report—A Good Way to Ask Locals Where to Find the Best Food and Wine, by Mary Jo Waits
- Paris 2018 #5: My Days Enjoying the Parisian Combination of Architecture, Art, Friends and Food, continued, by Mary Jo Waits
- Paris 2018 #4: My Days Enjoying the Parisian Combination of Architecture, Art, Friends, and Food by Mary Jo Waits
- Paris 2018 #3: French Cheese and Wine Pairing Workshop by Mary Jo Waits
- Paris 2018 #2: Best View of Paris: From Top of Arc de Triomphe by Mary Jo Waits
- Paris 2018 #1: It’s May. It Must Be Paris by Mary Jo Waits
- KJZZ Contest Winner Reflects on the KJZZ Beatles London Trip by Judith Sadre
Listen to Stina Sieg's four-part series, Below the Rim, on life inside the Grand Canyon. Maybe this year you'll join the ranks of the one percent of all visitors to Grand Canyon National park who spend the night at the bottom of the canyon!
- Chapter 1: Phantom Ranchers
- Chapter 2: The Mules That Fuel The Grand Canyon
- Chapter 3: The People You Meet At The Bottom
- Chapter 4: Rim To Rim, And Back Again
Travel with KJZZ
You listen to stories from KJZZ because they’re produced in a way that engages and informs you. But did you know that KJZZ also programs great travel experiences for listeners?
We’ve been crafting experiential learning trips for small groups of KJZZ listeners since 2013, putting them together with the same attention to detail that we give to the stories we produce for the air.
What makes traveling with KJZZ different from commercial tours?
- Travel with KJZZ hosts
- Make new friends in small groups of 10 to 25 travelers who share your interests
- Feel like a local with on-the-ground contacts who help tell the story of every destination
- Participate in unique activities that engage all five senses
- Enjoy a trip planned with curious public radio listeners like you in mind