Do museums need to be more socially active to remain relevant to younger generations?
The KJZZ Travel Club is a group of public radio listeners who are passionate about traveling and learning new things. It’s a special benefit available to KJZZ members who give $10 a month or more to the station.
KJZZ Travel Club Benefits
- Hear about our upcoming trips before we announce them to the public
- Connect with fellow public radio listeners who share your passion for travel and learning new things, both on our trips and on our private Facebook group
- Receive the KJZZ Travel Club Quarterly, a once-a-season email with updates on recent and upcoming trips as well as a roundup of travel-related stories on public radio
- Subscribe to Arizona Highways Magazine at an exclusive 33% off discounted price
Listen to Stina Sieg's four-part series, Below the Rim, on life inside the Grand Canyon. Maybe this year you'll join the ranks of the one percent of all visitors to Grand Canyon National park who spend the night at the bottom of the canyon!
Read KJZZ contest winner Judith Sadre’s reflections on the KJZZ Beatles London trip and Travel Club Member Mary Jo Wait’s experience living like a local in Paris for a week.
Where are Travel Club members going in 2019?
- Sandra is traveling to Israel, Jordan, and Morocco because she loves ruins and wants to see Petra.
- George in Scottsdale is traveling to Italy because it's next on his bucket list.
- Theresa in Apache Junction is taking a trans-Atlantic cruise to the Azores, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
- Theresa is traveling to Chicago because it's her hometown.
- Diane in Scottsdale is traveling to southwestern France.
Travel with KJZZ
You listen to stories from KJZZ because they’re produced in a way that engages and informs you. But did you know that KJZZ also programs great travel experiences for listeners? We’ve been crafting experiential learning trips for small groups of KJZZ listeners since 2013, putting them together with the same attention to detail that we give to the stories we produce for the air.
What makes traveling with KJZZ different from commercial tours?
- Travel with KJZZ staff
- Make new friends in small groups of 10 to 25 travelers who share your interests
- Feel like a local with on-the-ground contacts who help tell the story of every destination
- Participate in unique activities that engage all five senses
- Enjoy a trip planned with curious public radio listeners like you in mind
Where have listeners traveled with KJZZ in the past?
- Costa Rica
- Ireland & Scotland
- Tuscany, Italy
- Mexico City
- Idaho for the solar eclipse
- London & Liverpool, England
2323 West 14th Street
Tempe, AZ 85281